Monday, October 26, 2009

Magic Broom

On Friday, October 9th, my friend, Susan Todd, who also happens to be Caleb's teacher called me from school to tell me about a science experiment they were trying in class. She said they had been able to make a broom stand upright by itself in the middle of the classroom. I didn't believe her until she convinced me to try it for myself. When it started standing, I screamed and nearly dropped the phone. One of the other teachers had heard on the radio that morning that there was something special going on with the earth's proximity to the moon and gravitational pull. I left the broom standing there all day long till everyone came home from work and school to see it. I called everyone I could think of to try it but I don't know of anyone else who was successful...it is probably because noone else had a metal broom. I know you can't tell from the picture but my bristles are also angled, not straight across. It was really amazing.

No comments: