Friday, April 18, 2008

Laundry Disaster




This is what happens when a blue crayon makes it into the dryer. I spent my day yesterday scrubbing clothes and the dryer trying to remove melted crayon. I had spent the entire day before cleaning house and catching up on all the laundry. How ironic that it should be the last load of laundry I had to be completely caught up. I don't want to see the washer and dryer again for a very long time but of course Caleb had an accident in bed last night and now I'm back to washing again. In case anyone is wondering, I used three bottles of Oxyclean/SpraynWash Dual Power stain remover, Borax, Oxyclean, and detergent on the hottest, longest wash cycle. Most of the stains were removed but a few stubborn ones remained. I then used Murphy's soap oil and re-washed. For the dryer, Scott came home and cleaned it out with WD40. Yes, I know that it is very flammable. That's why I let Scott do it! We also used Soft Scrub to clean the dryer but it is still blue in some places. I think I will do a better job of checking all pockets or as my friend suggested, sew up all their pockets. I thought that was pretty funny. Do kids really need crayons?

2 comments:

emily said...

That totally sucks... but I like the idea of sewing the pockets shut :)

devineys said...

I just went thru this a couple weeks ago with a black crayon! A Magic Eraser got inside of the dryer clean.